Shepparton Education Plan - Update
Our school is helping the Victorian Government develop a long-term plan to transform education in the local area. It aims to give every young person the opportunity to reach their full potential.
In 2018 the decision was taken to locate a single school on the current site of Shepparton High School. The model chosen is based on the "school-within-a-school" structure being used at Dandenong High School.
Large sections of Shepparton High School will demolished in 2020, with new buildings and facilities being constructed through 2021. It is anticipated the build will be completed for the commencement of the 2021 school year.
In the interim, the following arrangements will be place for students.
· Shepparton HS students will be attending the Wanganui Park campus and/or the McGuire campus
· Wanganui Park will have students in Years 8, 10, 11 and 12
· McGuire will have students in Years 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12
· Mooroopna will have students in Years 8, 9 and 10.
· Wanganui Park will have students in Years 10, 11 and 12
· McGuire will have students in Years 7, 8, 11, and 12
· Mooroopna will have students in Year 9 only
In 2022 – all students should be accommodated in new facilities in Hawden Street.
Key education experts are working with the current schools to develop an innovative curriculum for students in Year 7 and in Year 9. In addition, the same group is developing a teaching and learning model that will see all students in the Greater Shepparton district reach their full potential.
Things that are also in the planning stage include:
· The name of the new school
· The student uniform for the new school.
Further and more specific information may be gained by contacting the school directly.
Booklist and Stationery List
Handbook and stationery list can be found at the following location
Curriculum > Handbooks